To assign a new position to an employee, you need to end the employee’s current position assignment and create a new position assignment. This can be achieved through the following steps:
- Go to Positions by employees report within the Jobs & Positions section of the Human Resources menu.
- Search for the employee to be transferred.
- Click the Add/Update button to the left of the person’s name.
- Insert a new record at the bottom of the report with the new position information and a relevant start date and click submit. (This will put the person into conflict as they currently have 2 active position assignments)
- In the old position assignment record, put an end date equal to the day before the start date on the new position assignment and click submit.
- Check that there is there is now no conflict and that the reporting structures have updated correctly.
By following these instructions and not just editing the current position assignment, a historical record of position assignments will be kept for each individual.